5.05.2011

Sharp, Duchamp, and Fuller

Brian Sharp, LA artist
Marcel Duchamp, To Be Looked at (from the Other Side of the Glass) with One Eye, Close to, for Almost an Hour, 1918.
Buckminster Fuller's 25 Great Circles

Love the lines, colors, and patterns in these three images. Makes me want to create something abstract, well balanced, and beautiful.
Side note: Buckminster Fuller was this harvard drop out (or...he got expelled twice) who patented the geodesic dome and concerned himself with sustainability. He coined this term 'ephemeralization' meaning to 'do more with less' and said, "I live on Earth at present, and I don't know what I am. I know that I am not a category. I am not a thing- a noun. I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process- an integral function of the universe." I hear ya Bucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment